How to Install RIOT Plugin for GIMP::
Since this article was first written a stand-alone version of RIOT has been made available
- Download the plugin from http://luci.criosweb.ro/riot/download/
- Select the download link titled "RIOT as plug-in for other applications"
- Launch the Riot-plugin.exe file by double clicking.
- The installer installs all the files including Riot.exe, Riot.dll, and FreeImage.dll in the location where you installed GIMP
- If GIMP is open, close it and re-launch it.
- To optimise an image, open it then save with menu File->Save for web with RIOT
You can set the target file size by selecting "Compress to size" button on bottom right corner of optimised image pane and providing the size in kilobytes. Alternatively you can use a slider provided to allow you to change the quality while showing you a preview of the resulting image.